We have been helping New Yorkers get engaged and married for decades. Therefore, we have seen it all when it comes to engagement rings and their trends. No matter the generation or trend, New Yorkers are very discerning – they expect only the best. This is why they continue to come to Michael C. Fina for that one piece of jewelry that she is going to wear everyday for the rest of her life.
The staff sat down to discuss the top engagement ring trends for 2013. Ladies, be sure to take note! (And then be sure to drop hints!)
1. Thin Micro Pavé - This is a trend that has been around for a few years and will be sticking around! It is classic, timeless, and elegant. This type of pavé, which usually uses very small diamonds, really brings the focal point to the center diamond. The perfect example of this type of ring is this platinum beauty from the Paris Collection by Michael B.
2. Three-Stones - This is a very classic look that will start to make a big comeback. They feature a larger center diamond flanked by two smaller diamonds. Women like this because it gives her ring a bigger look. Many women also like what this ring symbolizes – your past, your present, and your future as a couple. We also think that many women will start to remount their original diamond into a three-stone setting this year. Three-stone rings that mix different shape diamonds, like this gorgeous one with a round center diamond and pear sides from the Promise Collection by Mark Patterson, will be most popular!
3. Rose Gold – Rose (or pink) gold is very fashion-forward. The pink hue can make an engagement ring look even more feminine, and it is a great choice for an engagement ring if you love the look of wearing mixed metals. The Ellen setting in 18K rose gold from Erica Courtney‘s Gorgeous & Engaged Collection is always a popular choice at Michael C. Fina!
4. Halos – Halos are popular now and they won’t be going anywhere! Many women like halos because if done correctly, they can make your diamond look larger. They draw attention to the center stone by accenting it and adding some extra sparkle. We also think that halos are great because you can even have two looks in one. Some of our most popular rings feature a round center diamond with cushion or square halos. This ring from the Acclaim Collection by Hearts On Fire is certainly a ring that sparkles from every angle!
5. Colored Stones – Colored center stones are going to be huge this year. Some women don’t want a traditional diamond, so colored diamonds and gemstones become the focus of their ring. Many celebrities (like Kate Middleton and Halle Berry) are sporting gorgeous rings with sapphires and emeralds, so this certainly adds to the trend. This classic three-stone ring from Michael C. Fina has an added twist with the large center sapphire.
6. Wide Bands – Instead of a traditional engagement ring, we have seen many women opting for wide diamond bands instead. They still want to show that they are engaged and want something special to show off to their friends. Many women are starting to choose wide bands for their functionality and versatility. They tend to sit closer to the finger and are easy to wear. One of our favorites is this platinum band with five rows of diamonds from Michael B.‘s Flat Collection. It definitely makes a statement!
What trend would you most like to wear?