Will 2014 be your year to get engaged? We’re sure you’ve been diligently searching our website and Pinterest boards to find your “perfect” engagement ring, so we’ve decided to do some work for you. We’ve predicted six engagement ring trends that are sure to be hot in 2014. Find your favorite, take notes, and start dropping hints!
1. Art Deco – Aren’t you “jazzed” about this trend? Vintage styles have been popular for years, but Art Deco styles will be extremely popular in 2014. The strong lines and intricate details bring you back to another era. This vintage appeal shows no signs of slowing down! If you love the look, check out this stunning platinum Tacori engagement ring fit for a princess!
2. Floral – Add a touch of romance with florals and blooms on your engagement ring. Inspired by nature, some of these rings will have an organic feel to them as well. Many women will love the ultra-feminine style of floral engagement rings. This platinum “Juliet” ring by Penny Preville showcases a bold leaf design and is inspired by the most famous love story of all time!
3. Yellow Gold – Yellow gold is making a comeback! 2013 was all about rose gold and 2014 will be all about yellow. Pure gold is yellow in color and some women love this natural, warmer look. Another thing about yellow gold that many women might like? The sentimental feel of it. Many women who got engaged and married in the 1980s sported yellow gold rings, so women today might want to match their mothers! Want a yellow gold ring with a ton of sparkle? Check out this 3-sided pave engagement ring from Michael B.’s Princess Collection.
4. Twisted Bands – Some women love a classic style, but want a little bit of a unique, modern update to their ring. The streamlined, sensual design of a twisted band accomplishes this. Looking for the “perfect” twisted band? We love this platinum ring from the Refined Collection by Hearts On Fire. It shows off The World’s Most Perfectly Cut Diamonds!
5. Cushion Cut Diamonds – Celebrities have been all about the cushion cut recently! (Thank you, Kim & Kanye!) A striking blend of the oval and princess cut shapes, the cushion cut is a rounded square design that has surged in popularity in recent years. Commonly seen in antique rings, the cut has a classic look that differentiates it from the standard round cut. The overall shape varies from a rounded square shape to a longer, more rectangular design. One of our favorite and classic designs for a cushion cut diamonds is this platinum pave halo setting from Mark Patterson’s Promise Collection.
6. Mixed Metals – The mixed metal look is for the woman who loves the look of more than one color metal…or for the woman who can’t decide which metal she loves more! Many women wear jewelry in all different colors, so this trend is perfect for them. This adds a modern, unique touch to your jewelry! The flowing lines of the Eriskay ring by MaeVona brilliantly mix platinum and 18K rose gold!
Which trend do you love the most?