Soup is the perfect meal for harsh winter weather. We’re still facing some brutally cold weather in New York City this weekend, and we’re sure plenty of you want to warm up yourselves! That’s why when we found this fantastic soup recipe by our friends at MarthaStewart.com we knew we had to share it. This Manhattan Clam Chowder recipe is hearty and bold, perfect for waiting out the (hopefully!) end of this wintery weather. No need to bundle up the whole bunch of you to go to a restaurant when you’ve got this hot recipe up your sleeve.
Click on over to MarthaStewart.com for the full recipe, and let us know your favorite winter soups in the comments! Or let us know if you’ll give Martha’s recipe a chance, and how it turns out. And if you’re looking for the perfect vessel to show off your cooking prowess to the guests trying to warm up in your home, take a look at a few we picked out.
Will 2014 be your year to get engaged? We’re sure you’ve been diligently searching our website and Pinterest boards to find your “perfect” engagement ring, so we’ve decided to do some work for you. We’ve predicted six engagement ring trends that are sure to be hot in 2014. Find your favorite, take notes, and start dropping hints!
1. Art Deco – Aren’t you “jazzed” about this trend? Vintage styles have been popular for years, but Art Deco styles will be extremely popular in 2014. The strong lines and intricate details bring you back to another era. This vintage appeal shows no signs of slowing down! If you love the look, check out this stunning platinum Tacori engagement ring fit for a princess!
2. Floral – Add a touch of romance with florals and blooms on your engagement ring. Inspired by nature, some of these rings will have an organic feel to them as well. Many women will love the ultra-feminine style of floral engagement rings. This platinum “Juliet” ring by Penny Preville showcases a bold leaf design and is inspired by the most famous love story of all time!
3. Yellow Gold – Yellow gold is making a comeback! 2013 was all about rose gold and 2014 will be all about yellow. Pure gold is yellow in color and some women love this natural, warmer look. Another thing about yellow gold that many women might like? The sentimental feel of it. Many women who got engaged and married in the 1980s sported yellow gold rings, so women today might want to match their mothers! Want a yellow gold ring with a ton of sparkle? Check out this 3-sided pave engagement ring from Michael B.’s Princess Collection.
4. Twisted Bands – Some women love a classic style, but want a little bit of a unique, modern update to their ring. The streamlined, sensual design of a twisted band accomplishes this. Looking for the “perfect” twisted band? We love this platinum ring from the Refined Collection by Hearts On Fire. It shows off The World’s Most Perfectly Cut Diamonds!
5. Cushion Cut Diamonds – Celebrities have been all about the cushion cut recently! (Thank you, Kim & Kanye!) A striking blend of the oval and princess cut shapes, the cushion cut is a rounded square design that has surged in popularity in recent years. Commonly seen in antique rings, the cut has a classic look that differentiates it from the standard round cut. The overall shape varies from a rounded square shape to a longer, more rectangular design. One of our favorite and classic designs for a cushion cut diamonds is this platinum pave halo setting from Mark Patterson’s Promise Collection.
6. Mixed Metals – The mixed metal look is for the woman who loves the look of more than one color metal…or for the woman who can’t decide which metal she loves more! Many women wear jewelry in all different colors, so this trend is perfect for them. This adds a modern, unique touch to your jewelry! The flowing lines of the Eriskay ring by MaeVona brilliantly mix platinum and 18K rose gold!
We are excited to announce that your favorite designer engagement rings and wedding bands are now available for purchase on our website! We have been helping New Yorkers get engaged and married for over 75 years, and now we can celebrate these special milestones with couples all over the country!
Find out why you should purchase a diamond engagement ring from Michael C. Fina…without ever leaving the comforts of your own home or office!
The Fina Touch
Every diamond at Michael C. Fina is personally hand-inspected, sorted, and selected by the Fina family. There is no compromise in our commitment to bringing you the very highest quality available. The reputation of our family name has been built and depends on this promise.
Diamond Upgrade Policy
Michael C. Fina is dedicated to ensuring your satisfaction forever. We understand that there is no other ring that will ever replace the first in your memories, but should you wish to purchase a diamond that is even one more dollar more than the original, we will credit the full price of the first diamond toward your purchase of another. This policy only applies to diamonds that have been purchased at Michael C. Fina.
Helping You Achieve Your Dreams
Another benefit to purchasing her engagement ring at Michael C. Fina is the GE Capital Luxury Card. The Michael C. Fina credit card is offered by GE Capital Retail Bank and is a symbol of our exceptional service and quality for which Michael C. Fina is known for. When you open your Michael C. Fina credit card account, we can offer you flexible plans to help achieve your dreams. You can apply for the card online or in our Park Avenue store.
After the “Yes!”
The sparkle in your diamond is a direct reflection on us. We invite you to come to us to have your engagement ring cleaned as often as you would like. We also offer a complimentary first resizing as well as appraisals so you may update your insurance.
It is crucial to us at Michael C. Fina that the diamonds we purchase retain and reflect purity in every way. We strictly adhere to World Trade Organization and Kimberley Process guidelines on conflict diamonds and we guarantee that all of our diamonds have been purchased from legitimate sources and not involved in funding conflict.
Our membership in and stellar standing with the Jewelers Vigilance Committee further ensures that our diamonds and precious metals come only from sources committed to full compliance with all of the laws and regulations upholding the jewelry industry’s highest ethical standards.
A Proud Member
American Gem Society ~ Better Business Bureau ~ New York State Jewelers Association ~ Platinum Guild ~ Jewelers Vigilance Committee ~ Jewelers of America
When YES means forever, give her Michael C. Fina.
Do you have any questions or concerns about purchasing a designer engagement ring or wedding band on our website? Please email email@example.com or call 1-800-289-3462.
Top photography courtesy of John & Joseph Photography Inc.
Like engagement rings, we certainly know what we’re talking about when it comes to wedding bands. Discerning New Yorkers no longer just want the simple platinum or gold band. They want to be trendy. They want something unique. They want something to show their personality. They realize they want the best because this is something they will be wearing for the rest of their lives. That is why they come to Michael C. Fina.
Once again, we sat down with our manager and jewelry expert, Richard Wubnig. He predicts the wedding band trends for 2013. (Gentlemen, you’re included this time!)
1. Stackables (Her) – Stackable rings are fun. They tend to be on the thinner side, but that can vary. Women like to wear stackable bands because their husbands can continue to add to them year after year for babies, anniversaries, or just because! You can get bands with different color metals or different stones, which truly creates a look uniquely your own. By switching the order of your bands each day, you can change your style each day! These gorgeous rings are great for stacking and are by Michael C. Fina, Mark Patterson, and Alex Sepkus.
2. Alternate Colors (Him) – Men are moving away from the simple, plain bands of their fathers. They want something a little more unique, a little more modern. Rings with different colored metals, like carbon chrome or red gold, are becoming very popular with our male clients. Sarah Graham and Furrer-Jacot create rings just for men who are looking for something a little different.
3. Wider Bands (Her) – It’s no secret that most women love diamonds. And they want a lot of them. Many women are now choosing wider bands with multiple rows of diamonds for their wedding band. These women tend to choose to wear their engagement ring and wedding band separately, so they still want something substantial to wear on their left hand. There is certainly nothing wrong with something this sparkly, like this ring from Hearts On Fire!
4. Organic-Colored Metals (Her) – Some people are just looking for something a little different. They still like the classic looks of yellow or white gold, but don’t want something that looks like all of their friends’ rings. Many women are turning to metals that don’t have a high polish, but rather choosing rings that look a little more organic and have more of a matte finish. These yellow gold and white gold rings by Anne Sportun are perfect examples!
5. Multi-Shaped Diamond Bands (Her) – No one ever said you had to pick just one kind of diamond! Different shapes add a whole new dimension to your engagement ring and your overall bridal look. You’re supposed to smile when you look at your wedding band, so you should definitely have something fun and different! These rings from A. Jaffe and Tacori would be gorgeous additions to any engagement ring!
Will you be wearing one of these trends when you get married in 2013?
We have been helping New Yorkers get engaged and married for decades. Therefore, we have seen it all when it comes to engagement rings and their trends. No matter the generation or trend, New Yorkers are very discerning – they expect only the best. This is why they continue to come to Michael C. Fina for that one piece of jewelry that she is going to wear everyday for the rest of her life.
The staff sat down to discuss the top engagement ring trends for 2013. Ladies, be sure to take note! (And then be sure to drop hints!)
1. Thin Micro Pavé– This is a trend that has been around for a few years and will be sticking around! It is classic, timeless, and elegant. This type of pavé, which usually uses very small diamonds, really brings the focal point to the center diamond. The perfect example of this type of ring is this platinum beauty from the Paris Collection by Michael B.
2. Three-Stones – This is a very classic look that will start to make a big comeback. They feature a larger center diamond flanked by two smaller diamonds. Women like this because it gives her ring a bigger look. Many women also like what this ring symbolizes – your past, your present, and your future as a couple. We also think that many women will start to remount their original diamond into a three-stone setting this year. Three-stone rings that mix different shape diamonds, like this gorgeous one with a round center diamond and pear sides from the Promise Collection by Mark Patterson, will be most popular!
3. Rose Gold – Rose (or pink) gold is very fashion-forward. The pink hue can make an engagement ring look even more feminine, and it is a great choice for an engagement ring if you love the look of wearing mixed metals. The Ellen setting in 18K rose gold from Erica Courtney‘s Gorgeous & Engaged Collection is always a popular choice at Michael C. Fina!
4. Halos – Halos are popular now and they won’t be going anywhere! Many women like halos because if done correctly, they can make your diamond look larger. They draw attention to the center stone by accenting it and adding some extra sparkle. We also think that halos are great because you can even have two looks in one. Some of our most popular rings feature a round center diamond with cushion or square halos. This ring from the Acclaim Collection by Hearts On Fire is certainly a ring that sparkles from every angle!
5. Colored Stones – Colored center stones are going to be huge this year. Some women don’t want a traditional diamond, so colored diamonds and gemstones become the focus of their ring. Many celebrities (like Kate Middleton and Halle Berry) are sporting gorgeous rings with sapphires and emeralds, so this certainly adds to the trend. This classic three-stone ring from Michael C. Fina has an added twist with the large center sapphire.
6. Wide Bands – Instead of a traditional engagement ring, we have seen many women opting for wide diamond bands instead. They still want to show that they are engaged and want something special to show off to their friends. Many women are starting to choose wide bands for their functionality and versatility. They tend to sit closer to the finger and are easy to wear. One of our favorites is this platinum band with five rows of diamonds from Michael B.‘s Flat Collection. It definitely makes a statement!