Enjoy 15% OFF all Michael C. Fina diamond jewelry for one day only!
This fabulous snow day sale is taking place online & in-store (500 Park Avenue, New York, NY). Use promo code FRFM13 during online check out.
“Blue moonstones are magical and particularly flattering.”
~Temple St. Clair
Your “something blue” on your wedding day should always be something beautiful. A bride should be able to create a look that is unique to her and Temple St. Clair’s exquisite Royal Blue Moonstone pieces are the perfect accessories for any wedding day look.
The ancient Romans believed that the luminescent Moonstone was formed out of moonlight and could arm the wearer with prophetic powers during a full moon. Temple’s signature stone is the Royal Blue Moonstone. These beautifully cut, high domed Blue Moonstones are of a remarkable quality and are known for their beautiful flash of light.
With their subtle blue color and romantic inspiration, these pieces of jewelry can be worn as part of your bridal look and for all the days after.
(Left to Right)
We are happy to be showcasing three one-of-a-kind rings in our Designer Ring Gallery, created exclusively by Tacori for Michael C. Fina. These platinum rings, all featuring signature Tacori designs, are available at our retail store at 500 Park Avenue, E. 59th Street between Madison & Park.
(Top to Bottom)
If you are interested in viewing the rings, please stop by our Park Avenue location or email to schedule an appointment with one of our expert jewelry consultants.
Richard Wubnig, our Director of Sales, tells us just what we will need to make sure we’re stylish this season!
We’re all looking forward to the long, cold days of winter to be over. Here are my top three picks to brighten up your home and wardrobe this spring!
1. Stainless Steel Cactus Cufflinks from the Pantone Collection by Sonia Spencer. Green is definitely in this year and these cufflinks are the perfect way for any guy to brighten up his wardrobe. Simple, sleek, and on trend.
3. 18K & Sterling Green Onyx Crescent Ring from the City Lights Collection by Tacori. Every woman has her favorite LBD. And every woman deserves a gorgeous accessory to dress it up! This ring will not only add that pop of color for a night out, but it can also dress up a t-shirt and jeans. The brilliant green color is perfect for spring 2013!
Like what you see? Check out all 10 of my favorite things for spring!
Taking the next step in its 77-year evolution as a family-owned and operated retail destination, Michael C. Fina has moved to 500 Park Avenue. Previously located at Fifth Avenue and 45th Street, the company that began in 1935 as a silver merchant is now celebrated for its unique collection of engagement rings, wedding bands, and its wedding registry.
“We’ve set the tables of clients’ grandparents, their parents, and now them. Our store spans three generations and so do our clients. We’ve become an icon to New Yorkers when they are getting married,” said Steven Fina, President, Michael C. Fina. “We’ve become part of families’ traditions, and not many companies can say that, especially retailers in Manhattan.”
According to Mr. Fina, many similar businesses have closed in recent years while Michael C. Fina has continued to grow and evolve. Couples, including first families and royalty, have been choosing its registry programs for decades, due to the concierge-level service and the exclusive designers offered, including Hermes, Bernardaud, Christofle, and Saint-Louis Crystal. Michael C. Fina’s Ring Gallery houses the largest selection of engagement rings and wedding bands on the East Coast from top design houses such as Tacori, Hearts On Fire, Mark Patterson, and Michael B. Classic and elegant jewelry pieces from designers like Temple St. Clair and Mikimoto are also showcased.
As the company continues to help New Yorkers build their own distinctive lifestyles, its new location in an upscale Park Avenue shopping area ensures that the company will continue its evolution for many future generations.
We can’t wait to see you on Park!
Valentine’s Day is all about love, so we have the perfect gifts for him, for her, and for couples – all inspired by L-O-V-E!
Here are my top three picks.
1. Divine Champagne Flutes by Orrefors. These hand-painted flutes are perfect for toasting your life together. They were created to celebrate a Royal wedding in Sweden, so they are certainly meant for romance!
2. Angel & Crystal Necklace from Temple St. Clair‘s Angel Collection. This signature piece is timeless, just like your love. She can certainly wear this necklace everyday, which is great because she won’t want to take it off! It can be a constant reminder of how much you love her.
Like what you see? Then check out all 10 of my favorite things for Valentine’s Day!
Michael C. Fina has even more great gift ideas for this lovely holiday! You can shop online in in-store for them all. Remember, if you shop in-store for your Valentine’s Day jewelry this year, you could win a trip to Aruba! Find out more here or email email@example.com.
Michael C. Fina is pleased to announce that we have been selected as a 2013 winner in The Knot Best of Weddings, a special section featured on TheKnot.com/BOW. TheKnot.com is a number-one wedding destination, most trusted by brides.
The Knot Best of Weddings 2013 provides a “by brides, for brides” guide to the top wedding professionals across the country, and is a must-have when it comes to selecting the best-of-the-best wedding resources. Whether they’re trying to find the wedding dress salon with the best service in Philadelphia, the most creative wedding photographers in Los Angeles, New York’s top cake bakers or Miami’s hottest reception sites, engaged couples across the country want the inside scoop on the best from real brides.
Stop in today to see why brides have chosen Michael C. Fina! Also remember to add us a a favorite vendor on TheKnot.com!
Michael C. Fina is known for our bridal jewelry, but we also are experts on fashion jewelry. While some jewelry pieces remain classics and will be forever in style, most trends change year to year. We looked to celebrities and to the red carpet to see what’s going to be popular in 2013!
We sat down once again with Richard Wubnig, our manager and jewelry expert, to predict the top jewelry trends for 2013.
1. Emeralds – Pantone has named Emerald Green ( PANTONE 17-5641 Emerald) their Color of the Year for 2013. Pantone describes the color as a “lively, radiant, lush green” and we know that it will be the perfect addition to your wardrobe in 2013. We think that not only emeralds, but rather all green gemstones and hues will be big this year. Emeralds add just that right pop of color that can take a look from average to striking. Some of our favorites are this classic emerald and diamond pendant from Michael C. Fina and these bold yellow gold emerald drop earrings from Penny Preville‘s Leaf Collection.
2. Colored Statement Pieces – Big, bold pieces are all over the red carpet. You want to make a statement when you walk into a room and these pieces will certainly help you do it! These pieces are also perfect for adding that fun pop of color when you are trying to take a more neutral outfit from the office to a dinner date. We’re definitely going to see blues, greens, and pinks take over this year! We suggest trying this striking 18K gold and sterling pendant from Tacori’s City Lights Collection or these elegant 18K yellow gold and moonstone cluster earrings from Temple St. Clair‘s Moonstone Collection.
3. Back in Black – Black stones are going to be big this year, especially black diamonds. This twist on a classic started to become popular in 2012, but will take off in 2013. They contrast white diamonds and this really makes the pieces of jewelry pop! Black is extremely versatile, so women will love this trend because it can dress an outfit up or down depending on your mood. For a girl’s night out, slip on this 18K and sterling black onyx cuff from Tacori’s 18K925 Collection. Trying to impress your date? These 18K white gold black diamond hoops from Penny Preville will do the trick!
4. Personalize It – Personalized jewelry is something you can love now, and it is something that you and your family can love for generations. These personal pieces truly become your own and tell the story of your life. Jewelry from Heather Moore is perfect for marking all the special occasions in your life – births of your children, your anniversary, etc. You can customize every piece and add to it for years to come! Looking for something more simple? Initial pendants from KC Designs can be worn every day and even layered with other necklaces for a bigger look.
5. Stack ‘Em Up! – We love stacking all types of jewelry – bracelets, necklaces, rings – and we love seeing that this is becoming more and more popular with not only our customers, but our staff as well! When stacking jewelry, you can change your look every day – add a piece, take one away, wear them in a different order. This creates a look truly unique to each person and is perfect for creating looks on all different budgets. We also suggest mixing in colors and different metals when creating your signature look. Try layering these Temple St. Clair 18K yellow gold Olympian linked bangles with this 14K yellow gold pink sapphire beaded bracelet from Meira T. and this 18K and sterling London blue topaz bangle from Tacori’s 18K925 Collection for some seriously gorgeous arm candy.
How will you accessorize your life this year?
Like engagement rings, we certainly know what we’re talking about when it comes to wedding bands. Discerning New Yorkers no longer just want the simple platinum or gold band. They want to be trendy. They want something unique. They want something to show their personality. They realize they want the best because this is something they will be wearing for the rest of their lives. That is why they come to Michael C. Fina.
Once again, we sat down with our manager and jewelry expert, Richard Wubnig. He predicts the wedding band trends for 2013. (Gentlemen, you’re included this time!)
1. Stackables (Her) – Stackable rings are fun. They tend to be on the thinner side, but that can vary. Women like to wear stackable bands because their husbands can continue to add to them year after year for babies, anniversaries, or just because! You can get bands with different color metals or different stones, which truly creates a look uniquely your own. By switching the order of your bands each day, you can change your style each day! These gorgeous rings are great for stacking and are by Michael C. Fina, Mark Patterson, and Alex Sepkus.
2. Alternate Colors (Him) - Men are moving away from the simple, plain bands of their fathers. They want something a little more unique, a little more modern. Rings with different colored metals, like carbon chrome or red gold, are becoming very popular with our male clients. Sarah Graham and Furrer-Jacot create rings just for men who are looking for something a little different.
3. Wider Bands (Her) – It’s no secret that most women love diamonds. And they want a lot of them. Many women are now choosing wider bands with multiple rows of diamonds for their wedding band. These women tend to choose to wear their engagement ring and wedding band separately, so they still want something substantial to wear on their left hand. There is certainly nothing wrong with something this sparkly, like this ring from Hearts On Fire!
4. Organic-Colored Metals (Her) – Some people are just looking for something a little different. They still like the classic looks of yellow or white gold, but don’t want something that looks like all of their friends’ rings. Many women are turning to metals that don’t have a high polish, but rather choosing rings that look a little more organic and have more of a matte finish. These yellow gold and white gold rings by Anne Sportun are perfect examples!
5. Multi-Shaped Diamond Bands (Her) – No one ever said you had to pick just one kind of diamond! Different shapes add a whole new dimension to your engagement ring and your overall bridal look. You’re supposed to smile when you look at your wedding band, so you should definitely have something fun and different! These rings from A. Jaffe and Tacori would be gorgeous additions to any engagement ring!
Will you be wearing one of these trends when you get married in 2013?