For 30 years, Erica Courtney has been designing feminine and elegant fine jewelry to suit every style and taste. After moving from Dallas to Los Angeles in 1989, Erica’s business blossomed and she continued to evolve, introducing fine gold and platinum gemstone jewelry to her collection. Each piece is designed personally by Erica to ensure that it fits flawlessly into her collection.
1. What inspired you to begin designing? What influences your designs?
Truthfully, boredom inspired my first piece. It was snowing in Dallas and I was stranded at home so I started gluing Swarovski crystals on a pair of sunglasses.
2. What is the first piece you designed?
Sunglasses hand-designed with Swarovski crystals
3. How would you describe the style of your collections?
My collection is very feminine, sophisticated and has an assortment of the most magnificent colors in the world of gemstones.
4. What is your signature piece?
My signature piece of jewelry would have to be my cocktail rings. Most designers don’t spend as much time as I do on the details…..I design every single millimeter of each of my rings!
5. What materials do you use and why?
Right now, I’m mostly utilizing gold and lush gemstones. My passion is using gorgeous and colorful collector gemstones.
6. What is an outfit incomplete without?
A ring! We express ourselves and communicate in so many ways and our hands are definitely a common source. I like having something fabulous and sparkly on my “talkative” hands.
7. Name one thing a person should splurge on:
A cocktail ring because even cheap wine tastes better when there’s a gorgeous ring to stare at while you’re sipping it.
8. What is your favorite gift to give?
Sweet treats that I personally bake.
9. What is your best style tip?
As long as you have a stylish purse, killer shoes, and a gorgeous piece of jewelry, then the rest can come from Target because no one will know the difference.
10. What is the most fun piece of jewelry to redesign?
I like the challenge of redesigning outdated pieces that my clients have no hope for. Presenting them with their newly designed treasures and watching them fall in love again with their updated pieces is priceless.